[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The ROWID is generated after the BEFORE triggers fire and
before the row is inserted.

OK, I think I'm getting it. The INSERT statement generates the ROWID, fires triggers, then inserts the row. When the transaction is committed, all that is committed; when the transaction is rolled back, it pretends it didn't happen.

What happens to the ROWID when the transaction is rolled back? Is it as if the record with that ROWID was deleted?

If I understand it correctly, connection C1 can do an INSERT, get ROWID 4, C2 does an INSERT, gets 5, and commits, and then C1 commits, with its 4; if C1 rolled back, there's no 4 in the database, just 5 and whatever else, correct?

Thanks for enlightening me :-)
- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
        -- Fortune