I've been developing an app on a linux embedded device with 128 M of RAM, although the available RAM for queries is less than that. Now that the databases are getting a little larger (120 MB), I'm having problems with some queries that have large results. I watch my memory drop completely, and then my sqlite client is killed. Now, as I understand it, the entire database is not opened into memory, just the amount of data that is needed.

According to documentation, 256 Bytes of memory is needed for every 1 MB of data. Does anyone have insights as to the memory limitations of SQLite?