On 5/10/06, Allan, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On our target unit, it takes alot longer, deleting approx 800 records from one
table and 2400 from another table will take approx 1min 30 secs. The bulk of
this time is before the COMMIT, therefore before the IO stage I believe, the
COMMIT only takes a few seconds. So in this case we would like a progress
indicator to represent a reasonably accurate representation of progress so user
will not think the unit has locked up.

Do you have an index on your tables that allows Sqlite to find the
rows to delete quickly?