Make sure the sqlite_jni.dll DLL is in your path!

Andi

-----Original Message-----
From: Pasquale Imbemba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2006 18:41
To: SQLite
Subject: [sqlite] SQLite wrapper Java Linux: No suitable driver

Hi,

I am using the sqlite wrapper by Christian Werner for Java on my Linux
machine. I use eclipse and I have create da new project which contains
the SQLite.jar stuff.

My code looks like this:

import SQLite.JDBCDriver;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.Statement;
import java.sql.ResultSet;

public class JDBCTest {

        /**
         * @param args
         */
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                try {
                        Class.forName("SQLite.JDBCDriver");

                        String
url="jdbc:sqlite://home/pasquale/test.db";
                        Connection db =
DriverManager.getConnection(url);
                        Statement st = db.createStatement();

                        //Execute query
                        ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("SELECT * "+"FROM
tbl1");

                        System.out.println("Output:");

                        while (rs.next()){
                                System.out.println(rs.getString(0)+ " "
+ rs.getString(1));
                        }
                } catch (ClassNotFoundException e){
                        System.err.println("Error: "+e);
                } catch (SQLException e){
                        System.err.println("Error: "+e );
                }
        }
}

Whenever I try to compile, I get the following error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SQLite.JDBC2y.JDBCConnection
Error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

I found this link from Sun's Java Technology site
(http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=602869&messageID=3248193
), where it says I can't use this wrapper "as is" for 1.5. (I am using
JDK 5.0.6). But I don't have clear what to do.

Could someone please help?
tia
Pasquale

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.