--- Henning Friese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joe Wilson wrote:
> >
> > :memory: is faster if you're not using transactions.
> >

> Hello Joe,
>
> thanks for your answer. I'm not using transactions,

I would recommend using file-based database transactions, as it is often
faster than :memory:.

> I'm just doing a lot of
> "INSERT INTO"s with a huge amount of data. It seems to be faster doing that
> in a ":memory:"-db (I've already tried that). I just need to write that db
> to a file. What's the best way to archive this?

By not using a :memory: database at all.

The amount of time you'll save creating the database in memory
(assuming it is faster) will be lost when you have to transfer the
data and create the new file-based database.