Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:
I'd like to use SQLite for development/testing of a
website under Apache on OS X. I'm running into trouble
with permissions. The script runs as the www user, and
so does not have full permissions.

I can create a file called 'sqlite_test.db' and make
it writable by the www user, but then can only *read*
from the file. SQLite wants to make a journal file:
The whole directory would need to be made writable by
SQLite, which is not an option.

Is there a way to disable journaling, or to tell
SQLite not to keep the journal file around? With the
latter option, I'd be able to create an empty
'sqlite_test-journal.db' file once with the correct
permissions, and then I think I'd be all set.

thanks,
-natevw

Correo Yahoo!
Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam ¡gratis! Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/
Nathan,

No you can't do that. See section 4.0 The Rollback Journal of http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html for an explanation of why.

You will need to move your database into a subdirectory that can be made writable by your www user. Then SQLite will create the journal in that directory.

HTH
Dennis Cote