Mike Ashmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm working on a system in which I'm using SQLite to open a number of
> database files and to perform operations on aggregate views of those
> files.
>
> The problem I've got is, some of the files I want SQLite to open and
> SELECT from, I can only acquire read access to. And the operating
> system I'm using doesn't allow me to place any sort of advisory lock
> on a file that I've only got read access to (it considers placing an
> advisory lock to be a write operation) (@#%!# high security operating
> systems).

If the file truely is read-only (that is to say, if you know
no other process is going to be changing it out from under you)
then you can just do this:

   PRAGMA omit_readlock=ON;

With this option enabled, SQLite will not bother to use a
read-lock on readonly files.

If I recall, though, the file really does need to be readonly
for this to work.  So "chmod 444" the file first.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>