Jay Sprenkle wrote:
score(x,y) = max(score(x+n,y+n)-n*penalty) where n < drc(x+n,y+n) < 256

So at some 'sample' you have the score and drc, but not the x,y value?
The x,y values can be interpolated using some algebra and the surrounding
samples?
Uh, no. Sorry my other emails were unclear. At all values that I do have, I have an x,y,score, and drc. I can calculate any value that is missing, though. The n in the above formula refers to all numbers between 0 and 256. I'm taking the max over all the data I have in that range: max for all data pieces that fall within n distance of the piece I'm calculating.