sqlite3_prepare() will return a SQLITE_SCHEMA error if SQLite detects the
connection's schema is outdated.  There's arguments for and against
transparently handling it in prepare.  I figured DRH's logic behind
returning the error is maintaining consistency.  If some schema change
errors were transparently handled and some were not, then a programmer
interested in capturing all schema change events would not be able to do so.

Robert