Dennis Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have recently updated my development branch from v 3.2.1 to v 3.3.5
> and noticed the compatibility issue as well.  What are the key
> differences between the two file formats?  Is there a compelling reason
> to move to the new format (vs using the pragma and keeping the old format)?

The new file format stores boolean values more efficiently.
So if you have a lot of entries in your database with a value
of 0 or 1, your database file might be noticably smaller.

Making the enhanced file format the default in 3.3.0 has
caused a lot of people a lot of grief.  I understand now
that I probably should have made it an option that could
be turned on by people who wanted it, rather than the default
that can be turned off by those who do not.  But that's
now water under the bridge....

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>