This is an implementation question but I am pretty sure it applies to many
people out there.

I am using a memory database which I want to "flash" periodically. I have
logically broken down the database into three pieces which have 3 degrees
of importance (critical, high and low). I have written 3 functions that
can be called to "flash" them in 3 different flash databases.

Upon system startup I am checking if these 3 databases exist and if so I
do a "create table xxx as select * from db1.xxx".

What I am doing conceptually works although I hate the way I do it. What I
am looking is the optimal solution based on the following criterion:

- I want to copy a certain number of known tables to each database
- I do not want to write to flash if the memory table is identical to the
flash table, in fact I would like to keep flash access to a minimum.
- I would like to not loose my configuration if the phone is powered down
during flash operation
- I do not want a performance hit when I flash any of these

Any suggestion, any application notes out there ?

Mario