On 6/7/06, Bill KING <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I understand why I'm getting the deadlock now, lazy locking, (it's
against the logical grain of transaction/locking, but that's a whole
other argument) . Maybe this should be highlighted with big arrows in
the information around multi-threading, as starvation/deadlock happens
and often, especially if you get the scenario:

begin                                           begin
write (fail because of read lock)       write ( busy deadlock)
commit (fail, busy, read lock).          commit (fail, busy, deadlock).

Why are you putting transactions around single sql statements?
There seems to be no benefit to it.

--
SqliteImporter, SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite