Jay Sprenkle wrote:
On 6/14/06, RohitPatel9999 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any solution to that (which does not force end-user of app to manage sqlite
file fragments or to defragment disk) ?

A scheduled task or cron job is trivial to implement and does not
add any extra work for the end user. Making Sqlite smart enough
to manipulate the operating systems storage management is
NOT trivial and would need to be different for every operating system.

We have a saying that applies: "There is no free lunch"

If the disk is kept is a tidy state with regularly scheduled defragmentation then the files which grow do not get gross fragmentation.

If there were a way to stop file fragmentation without requiring any management effort there would be no need for defrag programs. With current file systems we need defraggers. A fact of life like death and taxes.