At 19:42 14/06/2006, you wrote:
On Jun 14, 2006, at 16:42 UTC, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Might go a lot faster if you put a "+" in fron of
> recID.  Like this:
>
>    SELECT * FROM table WHERE +recID IN (...) ORDER BY dateFld

What magic is this? I checked both lang_expr.html and lang_select.html but can't find any such syntax -- perhaps I missed it. What does it do?

The '+' mads the optimizer, so it will not use any optimization. In these case, the optimization engine (at where.c) takes a bad decission. It's not a feature, is a side effect of the optimizer design.