Tony Harris wrote:
Hi all,

I have a database where one table stores the bulk of logged data, it has 14
columns, 11 integers and 3 reals.

Initially I'm gonna have to import a lot of data into this database - about
9,000 entries per months worth of data.  I already know 3K entries takes about
192KBytes in the db file.  The biggest problem I am having is insert speed.  I
know the initial amount will cover 3-4 months worth of data that will need to
be inserted.  Right now I'm clocking raw inserts of data w/ no unique checking
at about 1 min 26 sec / 1K entries.  Is this about average, or is there a way I
might be able to get a little more speed out of it?

Granted, I might be hitting a ceiling of any db api, but I was hoping to squeeze a little more speed if possible ;)
-Tony
Are you inserting in a transaction?