Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The new file format stores boolean values (the integers 0 and 1)
more efficiently - requiring only 1 bytes of disk space instead of
2.  There are no other changes.

Let me reemphasize that the new file format has caused so much
grief that I will likely revert to the older format with 3.4.0.
That is to say, databases created by 3.4.0 will be readable by
3.2.8.  3.4.0 will be able to read and write both the old and the
new formats, of course.  And you will still be able to use the new
format using a pragma or a compile-time option.  It just won't be
the default any more.

I have learned my lesson.  Do not enhance the file format without
a very good reason.  Saving one byte of space when storing booleans
is not a sufficiently good reason...

I think that reverting back is not the solution. At the moment, the news about the change in file format is several entries down the news and changes list. People may also not be aware that newer SQLite versions are backwards compatible but not forwards compatible. If the documentation was clearer on the file format, its changes and compatibility, an enhancement of the file format may not cause so much confusion.

Regards,
Eugene Wee

P.S.: any news on when 3.4.0 will be out? :D