I don't normally but this is for a University project and I have to
demonstrate it at University so I have to use the software that is available
on the network.

Thanks for your comments though.

John

On 11/07/06, C.Peachment <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry, but I don't use proprietary programming languages
and can not provide assistance with Visual Basic.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:00:34 +0100, John Newby wrote:

>Hi, thanks for your speedy reply,

>Yes, you have understood my code correctly, this is the create table
>statement, and at the time of execution all column names are known to the
>form, I am just unsure as how to get them from the listview to place into
>create table statement, I think I will need some sort of FOR loop to
bring
>back each line that is in the listview but I am unsure as how to do this.
>This is my first time working with listviews and I've searched the
internet
>and have 7 books from the library on vb.net but none explain how to get
>details from a listview, only how to populate it.

>I think I worded my original message wrong.

>Do you know of a way I could get the details from the listview?

>Many thanks for your help

>John

>On 11/07/06, C.Peachment <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> If  understand your code correctly, this line creates a table with a
>> single column.
>>
>>         dbConn.createTable("CREATE TABLE " & tblName & "(" & fldName &
" "
>> &
>>         fldAttribute & ")")
>>
>> You describe a user interface to be used to create tables with multiple
>> columns.
>>
>> You must do one of two things:
>>
>>         1. delay the create table statement execution until all columns
>> are
>>         known and can be included inside the parentheses, or
>>
>>         2. perform the create for the first column and then use the
alter
>> table
>>         statement to append remaining columns, perhaps one at a time.
>>
>> -----------
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:57:36 +0100, John Newby wrote:
>>
>> >Hi, I am creating a front-end to the sqlite DBMS using VB.Net 2002. I
>> have
>> >managed to get the name of the table, field names and types from user
>> input
>> >displayed into a listview but I can only get the Create table command
>> >accept the last input values, so if the table has more than one
>> field(which
>> >nealry every table has) it simply ignores the previously entered
fields.

>> >How would I get it to create an SQL query with all the inputted field
>> >details?
>>
>> >I have inserted the code I have used so far.
>>
>> >Many thanks for your help.
>>
>> >This button opens up a new form for the user to input the field name
and
>> >select the field type then brings them back and displays them in a
>> listview.
>>

>> >Public Sub btnAddColumn_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As