From: John Stanton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 2:58 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Working with database entirely from memory

Open it to :memory.  You won't find much improvement, if any.

Yaniv Pe'er wrote:

Hi all,

I wish to load my entire database to the program memory and work with it
through there without having to use the hard drive at all (Well, besides

the

initial loading).

My reason is mostly to increase performance since this is a relatively

small

database and will be accessed constantly. Its size is also not likely to
increase much.

The program should save the database only once in a while.

How can I accomplish such a goal with SQLite? (Using the C/CPP interface).

Thank you very much,

Yaniv Pe'er

Programmer, Artist, Game Developer

[[ HYPERLINK