Hi Craig, I have looked into the dictionary that you suggested, but wouldn't
this be the same as the array as I would still need to know how many times
to go through the while loop to add the names of the fields?  Also I need to
get the names of the fields back out to populate a comboBox, which I already
know how to do with an array.

Many thanks

John

On 13/07/06, Craig Morrison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Martin Jenkins wrote:
> John Newby wrote:
>> Yeah I can get the names, but I need to put them in an array, and to
put
>> them in an array I need to know the size of the array to store them
>> in, so I
>> need to get a count first, then store this number as the size of the
>> array
>> before I store the values into the array.
>
> Are you sure there no dynamic container objects in VB that support an
> "append" method? Lists?
>
> If not (and I find that hard to believe) you could hack around it by
> appending the names to a string, then parsing the string and then
> dimensioning your array, or you could build a linked list but ... surely
> VB has more intelligent containers than statically sized arrays?
>
> Martin

Yup, they are called dictionaries..

set myDict = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")

myDict.Add "Hash", "Data"

I'll leave the rest up to the OP as this is straying from the topic at
hand..

--
Craig Morrison

http://www.mtsprofessional.com/
   A Win32 email server that works for You.