Thanks Christian :D

On 7/17/06, Christian Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Cesar David Rodas Maldonado uttered:

> I am wondering if it will have a better performance if i split every
> and table into different files, i know that i will loose the LITE
concept,
> but i am wondering if it will have a better performance...

Not unless each individual file is on a different hard disk. The
bottleneck for a hard disk is the head actuator and spindle speed. The OS
will already optimise data IO to make best use of the harddisk, whether
that be one one or many files.

Your laptop will only have a single hard disk. You'll get no more
performance splitting the file.

Non-LITE databases that use table spaces for improved performance only
improve performance when each tablespace is on a different device.

Christian

--
     /"\
     / \