John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sqlite is more than one flat file.  It is impossible for it to use less
> resources than one flat file.

I guess this depends on the format and content of the flat file.

As an experiment, I constructed a database with 16K rows with each
row containing 3 random integers.  The flat file (ascii text) was
999KB.  The SQLite database was 566KB.  So in this one case, at
least, the SQLite database is smaller than the flat file.

Without additional information on your flat file format, I would
think it was likely that the flat file is smaller than the
SQLite database.  But it is not impossible for an SQLite database
to be smaller.
--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>