Gunnar Roth wrote:
Olaf Beckman Lapré schrieb:
Hi,

Is there a way to do this programmatically? I would like to recover from a
damaged database upon program startup.

1. Copy the code for dump command from shell.c
2. Try if "vacuum;" command repairs the database. with "pragma integrity_check;" you can check if the repair succeeded.

regards,
gunnar

That's all true, but I have one corrupted sqlite 2.8.16 database from flash disc which cannot be opened either by sqlite.exe or any other sqlite based tool. "Unable to open database file" error (number 14) appear.Though database looks quite ordinary inside :-(

A tool to recover data from such databases or at least to print what is corrupted is highly appreciated.
sqlite_analyzer cannot open this file too, so it's not helpful.

P.S. I could send this database to sqlite author if interested.

Regards
Boguslaw