On 8/7/06, wqual <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi list,
I have sqlite 3.2.1 installed on my computer. Now, I need to replace some
substrings in my sqlite-table (for example, replace 'strasse' with 'str.' ,
german 'รค' with 'ae' etc.). Can I search for the substrings and replace them
by another one? I do not know, what would be the right syntax for this
purpose and I would be really grateful for some hints...

The most flexible replace would be to use the sqlite3 command line
utility to .dump your database or a table and replace the strings in
the dump directly. The dump follows the sql syntax, so you could
import the modified dump into your existing DB.

Search for .dump on http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html .

Peter