Hi,

I am new to sqlite and need some help for random accessing a table row using
Sqlite C API.

The project I am working on supports network users to query the sqlite
database from remote sites. We like to provide an interface so that user can
access any row in a result table without going through all the prior rows. I
know this can be implemented by the sqlite3_get_table function but this
requires too much memory and it's not that easy to handle database update. I
like to use sqlite3_step and the only solution I can come up with is to use
the offset value:

select string from string where ... limit 1 offset ? ;

and replace this offset value with the row number user supplied. This
solution can work but it requires modifying the SQL query and calling
sqlite3_reset for each get-row request.

Essentially what we needed is a random access iterator because the
sqlite3_step is just a one direction, single step iterator. I did search the
mailing list but can't find anything I am looking for. Did I miss something
and there is already a simple solution for this?

Thanks for reading this.

Lijia Jin