Hi Jay, list.
Many thanks for your comments. In many cases, exporting the table as a
textfile and using sed to search and replace will be a very good solution.
Thanks!
But Jay: how can I implement a function "MyFunction" like in your example?
Could you give me a hint? That would be really great!

> UPDATE myTable SET MyField = MyFunction( MyField );

Best regards,
Wolfgang