hi All,

I have to use SQLite for one of my project as ":memory:" db.

-
Can I get a better speed if I change or omit some macros.
I saw  " http://www.sqlite.org/compile.html ". the macros defined here can
only resulting in a smaller compiled library size or they can also improve
some speed?

we can also Override these macros through PRAGMA statements.
Is there any difference between when we handle these macros directly or
override through PRAGMA.

which PRAGMA statements can improve the query speed.
the main queries are, INSERT and SELECT with joins.

I have just tried the following PRAGMA

        sqlite3_exec(db, "PRAGMA temp_store=2", NULL, NULL, NULL);
        sqlite3_exec(db, "PRAGMA synchronous=0", NULL, NULL, NULL);
        sqlite3_exec(db, "PRAGMA count_changes=OFF", NULL, NULL, NULL);
        sqlite3_exec(db, "pragma default_cache_size =65536", NULL, NULL,NULL);
        sqlite3_exec(db, "pragma cache_size = 8192", NULL, NULL, NULL);

can someone guide me which PRAGMA statements are useful for speed improvement
and what values I need to set for those.
like  "pragma default_cache_size =?????"

I have a 4G Physical Memory.
one last thing, I have tested the code written by "Dennis Cote"
Wed, 03 May 2006 " performance v2 and V3 "

I found that Version 2.8 was much Faster than 3.6 using ":memory:", 30
Seconds and 60 seconds in case of 2.8 and 3.6 respectively.
can I use 2.8 in my project when i have a huge amount of data to handle.

Thanks
Regards,

Manzoor Ilahi Tamimy