As you can tell from this forum, locking and synchronization is the area
where there is least intuitive understanding among users and is the most
consistent source of problems.  There must be a deep psychological reason.

I don't think it's deep really, just the most complex part to understand.
That and it's a nightmare to debug because of the time dimension.

In my last project it took me three tries to get the locking issues really
resolved. Did you know on SQL server that if you don't have a clustered
index it can promote row level locking to page locking?
I learned all about it the hard way! Ack!

--
SqliteImporter and SqliteReplicator: Command line utilities for Sqlite
http://www.reddawn.net/~jsprenkl/Sqlite

Cthulhu Bucks!
http://www.cthulhubucks.com