Dixon Hutchinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I actually specify AUTOINCREMENT, then an insert will fail when I
> have reached the max row value, even if there are unused rows in the
> table.  So I don't want to specify AUTOINCREMENT.

The maximum rowid is 9223372036854775807.  You're going to take
a long time to reach that value if you start with 1.

Do the math:  If you do 1 million inserts per second, 24 hours
per day, 365 days per year, how many centuries does it take you
to run out of rowids?

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>