Vivien Malerba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:

> I'm working on libgda and libgnomedb which are abstraction libraries
> for SQlite, postgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, ... There is a BDB adaptator
> but it needs some work.
> Please wisit http://www.gnome-db.org (the website is very outdated but
> development is still going on), or download the latest versions from
> CVS.

FWIW there is also libdbi (http://libdbi.sourceforge.net), a database
abstraction layer written in C. There are several database drivers available
(see http://libdbi-drivers.sourceforge.net), including SQLite, SQLite3, MySQL,
PostgreSQL, Firebird, Ingres, Sybase, MS SQL, mSQL, as well as work in progress
for Ingres and Oracle.

I strongly support Vivien's suggestion to extend existing abstraction layers
instead of developing yet another one.

regards,
Markus

--