Hi Martin

Martin Alfredsson wrote:
> Though I can interpret the the second statement as "on a single machine"
> I'd like to hear about what  your experience is with using it as multiuser
> on a lan.
> Does it crash due to network problem, does it work better with WinXP
> than Win9x/2k/linux  etc.

I have performed some tests some time ago. At first I start 4 jobs
competitively, each job insert 200 Records with a Single-Insert-
Sql-Statement. Thats a little time-consuming. I got no problems.
I could not forecast who becomes the topical one job, with the rights to
write, but all Jobs finishd without errors. It changed even during
running.

At second I started 4 concurrency Transactions, each Job inserts 10000
Records. Same Result! No Problems! Any Job finished without errors.

Now I think, there is no Problems to use SQLIte as a Multiuser-DB, if it
is a Dialog-Processing-Application.

Note: From SQLite's viewpoint it is imho the same, if you store the DB on
your local PC or on a public Fileserver. It stay as a Flatfile.

Best Regards
Thomas

--
www.thlu.de