Teg wrote:
Hello Dennis,
I'm, probably going to be offering optional encryption too. Why did
you chose to use the SQLite encryption extensions versus just
encrypting the blobs after you read them back in and before you write
them out?

1) We wanted the entire database encrypted. There is sensitive non-blob data too.

2) Dr. Hipp's encryption extension is well tested and already integrated into sqlite.

3) The encryption is very transparent to the rest of our application. I don't have to manually call functions to look up keys and encrypt or decrypt blocks of data.