On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

You list two column names, but only provide one value. Make it

insert into hedge (hedge_name) values ('around');

  That's what I did originally, but got the same error.

insert into hedge (hedge_id, hedge_name) values (null, 'around');

  I did not try this variety because sqlite is supposed to automatically
increment the hedge_id if it's defined as 'integer primary key.' Why it is
not automatically filling in that value is what I'm trying to understand.

  Also, if I open the database within sqlite3, and the table is already
created, I can use the sqlite3 shell to insert a single record using the
same syntax that fails when there are multiple values to be inserted.

  This all started when I tried to run the file -- with only the insert
statements because the table already existed -- within the sqlite shell. I
used '.import load_hedges.sql hedge' and kept getting the same error
message. I would really like to understand why.

Thanks, Igor,

Rich