>From the command line, you can use

sqlite3 foo.db ".read load_hedges.sql"

 -Clark

----- Original Message ----
From: Rich Shepard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: SQLite <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:25:02 AM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Re: Re: Cannot Find Syntax Error -- SOLVED!

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

> Check that this existing table does indeed have the columns you think it has.
> Try running this from the shell:

Igor,

   I found the problem ... at least, from within the sqlite3 shell. I was
using the incorrect tool. :-(

   Since the file contained valid SQL statements, I need to use
sqlite> .read load_hedges.sql

rather than .import ....

   Makes all the difference!

   Now, why it's not working from the command line I don't know. But, within
the sqlite shell, I need the .read command.

Thanks,

Rich