> Use the function sqlite3_expired to determine, when you need
> to recompile a prepared statement. That's the approach I use.
>
> Mike

How does this compare with the re-preparing statements that
have failed with a SQLITE_SCHEMA error during sqlite3_step?

e.g. http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q17

Using sqlite3_expired certainly seems simpler to me. I'm
guessing it would be less efficient. Would Dr. Hipp (or
anyone else) care to comment on the relative merits of
these two methods?

Daniel.

disclaimer: