On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:22:41 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

Hello

>I have read articles and understood that it is not safe to access SQLite
>database file on network drive. (on all windows).
>
>But what about Windows 2000 (Server) ???  i.e. If SQLite (3.3.4 or 3.3.6)
>database file resides on disk drive of Windows 2000 Server, then is it safe
>to access that SQLite database via network ?

Now I'm totally confused.. ;-)  You say, it is not safe to store DB on
Network, but it is safe to store it on a Server. Where you see that
this is different? It seems to me, that you mean, it is generally
unsafe to store the DB in a Network-Drive.  Is this thus....?

You can store a DB on your local Machine, or you can store a DB on
Network-Drive, like as Windows Server.  The SQLite-DB remains a
Flatfile so or so, in contrast to a Client-Server-based System.

If you store the DB on Network with possibly concurrency users, you
have to set users rights with needed permits in the networks OS. And
you have to avoid the logical collisions within your App, if more than
one User try to write the same Record.

I think, there a no serious problems in a dialog-based and interactive
application in Network with some concurrent writing users and some
more reading users.

>Any thoughts...Any one's experience ?

As additional compare, MS Access is a Flatfile-DB too. but it is only
safe and  stable until max 5 Users. That's my experience. I think,
SQLite limits are much higher.

*hmmm*

If you create a real big application with many Users, maybe you think
about again and anymore, which DB is the best  ;-)

HTH
Thomas