On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:32:03 +0200, you wrote:

>Has anyone tested an sqlite which memory-maps the db-file into ram? Is this
>an old  (maybe bad idea :-) ? I've looked over the source and it seems that
>read and write operations are used through a singled interface, so it maybe
>possible to implement it without too much trouble...
>
>Any comments are welcome :-)
>
> Michael

SQLite already does that, it is called caching, and you can set
the both the page size and the number of pages in cache with the
PRAGMA statement.
http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#modify

Read about SQLite internals for a more detailed explanation.
http://www.sqlite.org/arch.html

The page cache can be shared by mutiple daatabase connections:
http://www.sqlite.org/sharedcache.html
--
  (  Kees Nuyt
  )