On 9/28/06, Igor Tandetnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ron Stevens <sqlite-Y9FGH9USQxS1Z/[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The problem is that I can't produce a canonical representation of the
> entries in my database. Often times some entries are subsets of
> others, but considered equal. It's possible for an entry to be a
> subset of two larger entries that aren't equal themselves and still
> be equal to each of the larger entries.

Since your relation is not transitive, it is not equivalence. GROUP BY
does not make sense for it. If you have A ~ B and A ~ C but B !~ C, how
exactly do you expect these three rows to be grouped?

This case is very uncommon in my data set, but when it does come up I would
want A to show up in two groups, one with A and B and one with A and C.