Thank, I will look at that (away from my dev machine for the day).

One other related question, are there plans to expand the functionality of
ALTER TABLE? I am working on a feature that could benefit greatly from
REMOVE/RENAME COLUMN. As it stands, I am going to have to simulate this by
using generic column names and mapping them to a list of the "actual" names.
It would be *very* nice to see these features added to sqlite before I
finish this feature, but I imagine this has been requested before...

Isaac

"Isaac Raway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ALTER TABLE topic ADD COLUMN type_id integer;
>
> This works fine when I run it on the sqlite3 command line, but fails in
the
> Delphi units. Any thoughts? Has anyone ahd trouble running ALTER TABLE
from
> the Delphi bindings?

Perhaps the delphi code is statically linked against an
older version of SQLite.  ADD COLUMN was added in version
3.2.0.  You can find what version delphi uses by executing

   SELECT sqlite_version();

--
D. Richard Hipp  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>