"Lloyd Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I did try number literal  >10 but mad no difference. I will rebuild the
> database row as an integer.

As an interim solution (prior to changing your database schema), you should be
able to use your existing schema with this query:

  select ring_time from calls where (ring_time + 0) > 10;

That should force the left side to be evaluated as an integer, and the right
side already is an integer.  You should get an integer comparison.

Note that if ring_time was indexed, your index will be ignored since you're
using a calculated value instead of the field.  Changing the schema is
certainly the proper solution if the value is supposed to be interpreted as an
integer.

Derrell