At 18:00 27/10/2006, you wrote:
Dear Sqlite,

I very much enjoy using Sqlite, it is extremely useful.

I have a memory usage query.

I am linking to libsqlite3.so.0.8.6. After calling sqlite3_open(...) I find my programs data memory jumps by 16392 Kb.

This seems a lot.  The database I am opening is only 26K in size.

I have a similar process opening about 90 times. This obviously consumes a very large amount of memory, 1.4G with 90 processes.

May I ask if this is what would be expected, and whether there is anything I can do to lower this loading?

Thanks for your help,

Ben.

Perhaps SQLite cache is taking that memory. Don't know if the cache is pre-allocated or it takes memory as it needs. Also, if your temp is memory any temporal table or similar takes more memory.

HTH