Those suggestions are great. For something like log analysis, there's no
problem either reading in log file tails ever so often or queuing up a
single thread to give more real-time access. I think I'm leaning towards a
more real-time view, but I might take the tail option if it codes easier.

On the topic of threads, though, this does open a pile of other "running
behind a Web server" sort of operations:

* To keep a db of user authentication data in an SQLite db, users will need
some level of real-time response to logins

* To keep a db of, say, a discussion forum, user posts will need to be
written and made available in realish-time

* To update Web pages dynamically with information populated from a user's
preference or users' usage patterns, the page will need to be generated in
real time

And each of these interactions with the server will occur with different
user sessions in different threads. Can SQLite be used to build applications
that do the operations above? Do I need to do some single-thread queue
structure for each approach?

I'd love some guiding thoughts on these things to help understand how to
really approach the problem.

Thanks!

-- David