On 10/31/06, Zimmer András <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a set of programs that use SQLite3 as a buffer (and an archive at
the same time).  One process (the "feeder") generates some data and puts
it into an SQLite3 DB.  (It opens the DB on its own, stores its own
sqlite3 structure, etc.)  In an asyncronous manner one, two or more
separate, completely independent "reader" processes get data from the
DB, do some processing and output the result.

However, at random times I keep getting "library routine called out of
sequence" errors (in the feeder).  Now I'm at my wits end.  (In a longer
run it happened without the readers running at all.  The feeder opens
the DB once and only ever closes before it quits on being killed.)

Separate processes are unrelated to multithreading.  Does the feeder
process itself use threads?  If not, you can completely discount that
line of thought, and focus on other possibilities.

If it does, what is each thread doing?