Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way use portions of a BLOB field in a
select query.

Here is an example of the table:

CREATE TABLE fcdata (

timestamp               INTEGER         NOT NULL,
port                    INTEGER         NOT NULL,
dataelementtype         INTEGER NOT NULL,
iserror         INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
length          INTEGER         DEFAULT NULL,
data                    BLOB            DEFAULT NULL
)
;

Which has an index, as follows:

CREATE INDEX fcdata_timestamp_port
ON fcdata (timestamp, port);

I'm also depending on Sqlite to generate the rowid automatically.

I'd really like to do something like the following (which by the way,
doesn't work :) )

SELECT rowid, timestamp, port, dataelementtype, iserror, length, data,
FROM fcdata
WHERE substr(data, 1, 1) == x'bc'
ORDER BY timestamp, port
LIMIT 1000 OFFSET 0;

Is there any way to filter by a byte position within the BLOB?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks very much for your time.

-Gabe