On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

 Apparently, he wants to check whether the data exists, and if so,
actually go and read it. Instead, he should read the data right away, and
handle the case where it does _not_ exist.

Igor,

  That's what I've been doing. If there are data, they're loaded into a
wx.TreeCtrl() or wx.ListCtrl() and displayed. If there are no data, nothing
is visible.

  I was not sure this was the proper way to handle it. My years coding in C
developed the urge to test every result for validity and not make
assumptions about what a function would return. I assumed that I should do
the same with python, and that the 'exists' test would fit the role.

Thanks,

Rich