Hello,

I am seeing an interesting performance issue with
INSERT statements.  I am using Sqlite 3.3.5 on a
Windows XP box. Here is a brief summary of the
situation:

Insert statements that require no join are quite fast:
a) I create an empty table (drop it first if it
exists).
b) INSERT ... SELECT ... FROM another-table WHERE ...

But, if the Insert statement requires a join, the
performance degrades drastically:

a) I create an empty table (drop it first if it
exists).
b) INSERT ... SELECT ... FROM table-1 JOIN table-2
WHERE ...

Even when the two joined tables have 10,000 records
each and those records match one to one, the query
goes from taking a second or so in the first case to
over 30-40 minutes in the second case.  The processing
is CPU intensive and pretty much locks down the PC
during this process.

Is this a common experience or do I need to play
around with the configuration options?