David Gewirtz wrote:
John Stanton wrote:

I don't understand how you apply Frontier.  To build a multi-threaded web

server

hosting Sqlite looks like a project to replace Frontier, which already has

embedded Sqlite.

Ah, ok, let's back up. I and some other developers finished adding SQLite
into Frontier last month. Before version 10.1a11, Frontier didn't have
embedded SQLite.

So, now that it's in Frontier (like SQLite runs in PHP), it's time to start
building apps in Frontier that use SQLite. So, like you might build a
shopping cart in PHP that uses SQLite to keep track of purchases, you might
build a shopping cart (or, in my case, a content management system) that
uses SQLite to keep track of purchases.

So, now that SQLite's embedded in Frontier, we're learning how to make it
work and what the limitations are. And that's why the questions.

Make sense?

-- David

You confused me when you said you were writing a multi threaded web server to host Sqlite. I now understand that you are designing applications to run on an existing web server.

I recently wrote a multi-threaded web application server and compiler for its own byte coded application language and which we use to host applications. It buries all the threading and multi-user contentions within the server program and leaves simple logic at the application level. The byte coded output from the application language compiler runs in a virtual machine in the server.

It is yet another PHP-Frontier... application server system, but is tailored to run our applications optimally. Sqlite is a very good tool to embed in one's own application server. It fits in with a minimum of gotchas.