From: Dennis Cote [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 17 November 2006 15:04
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] select from commandprompt with output to file

RB Smissaert wrote:

How would I run these 4 commands via a .bat file or via whatever means:

cd c:\test\ReadCodes
c:\test\Program\sqlite3 c:\test\ReadCodes\ReadCode.db"
.output testfile.txt
select * from readcode where read_code glob 'G2*';

It must be simple, but I can't see it.

RBS,

You need to put all your sqlite shell commands in one file, say sqlitecmds.txt. This includes the dot commands and the SQL statements. So sqlitecmds.txt contains:

    .output testfile.txt
    select * from readcode where read_code glob 'G2*';

Then you need to put your DOS shell commands in another file, say readcode.bat. This file will contain the commnad to run sqlite and redirect its input to the file of sqlite commnads above. So readcode.bat contains:

    cd c:\test\ReadCodes
    c:\test\Program\sqlite3 c:\test\ReadCodes\ReadCode.db < sqlitecmds.txt

Then you tell the DOS shell (actually cmd.exe) to run the commands in your readcode.bat file by typing the batch file name at the command prompt.

    C:\>readcode

This will execute your batch file commands, which will run the sqlite shell program, which will read and execute the commands in the sqlite commands file, which will write its output to the file testfile.txt in the current directory (which will be C:\test\ReadCodes).

HTH
Dennis Cote

You can achieve the structure you want by memory mapping a file and writing to it. Then it will be in virtual memory and you will have a pointer to it. It is not an Sqlite feature, but one your programming language can do through its API. On Windows just use the regular Win32 API to map the file and to write. You can then access everything you wrote using the pointer.