On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:43:24 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>I typed exactly what you typed there and i get
>SQL error: no such table: bar
>my command window doesnt have : "sqlite3 foo.sqlite" like yours

If you don't include a database name after the sqlite3 command,
sqlite uses the "memory" database, which ceases to exist after
you exit the program.

So, use the following commamnd to create and open your database:
        sqlite3 mydatabase.db3

and then issue the SQL commands at the prompt to create and
populate the table.

Every time you want to reuse that database, you have to open it
in the same way:
        sqlite3 mydatabase.db3

HTH
--