Cnichols <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So the sum() function brings the multiple discounts together for a
member in the UPDATE statement?

So I have a question regarding this then the Discount.Modifier stands
for 0 = percent of a value or 1 = static

The update you constructed would work for all static values since sums
groups all the numerics together.

So I assume if I used sum() for percent of values it would collect
the sum of all values calculated like so for percent of modifier?

sum(D.Amount / 100 * [C#VALUE])

How about

sum(case D.modifier when 1 then D.Amount else MA.Balance * D.Amount / 100 end)

and calculate both kinds in one pass.

Igor Tandetnik