[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Thanks , will try that.
What is as excel_date?
Is this a variable or is this jus plain SQL against SQLite?

Bart,

excel_date is just a normal SQL alias name for the complicated expression. The string 'execl_date' will be returned as the name of this result column. This name is only used if you look at or display the column name, like you would if you use the sqlite shell to execute the command.

P.S. see my subsequent post after I noticed that your datefield was an integer raher than a string. Note that this string based version will also work because sqlite automatically converts the integer datefield value into a string to pass it to the substr function.

HTH